Kathy Armstrong, a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, is a Premier Partner with Lincoln Financial Advisors.1 She provides comprehensive financial planning in the areas of asset management programs, retirement planning, education funding, personal risk management and estate planning. Kathy works alongside Elizabeth Paal as a mother-daughter team. With extensive experience and uncompromising integrity, Kathy and Elizabeth deliver objective, straightforward strategies to help their clients achieve their lifelong financial goals.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Loyola University – MBA
- Roanoke College – BA, Economics
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM practitioner
- Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor (CRPC®)
- National Trust School (ABA)
- National Graduate Trust School (ABA)
- FINRA Series 7 & 66 registered
- Life and Health insurance licensed
Prior to starting her own financial planning practice, Kathy was vice president in the Investment and Wealth Management Division at Mercantile-Safe Deposit and Trust Company and Investment Counselor for Mercantile Securities. An adjunct faculty at the Carey Business School at The Johns Hopkins University, Kathy has published countless articles related to financial planning and is a frequent keynote speaker on financial issues.
- Financial Planning Association of Maryland
- Maryland Transportation Authority (MDTA) – Board Member
- Women United – United Way of Central Maryland
- GBC Leadership – Alumna
- Leadership Baltimore County – Alumna
- Executive Alliance (formerly Network 2000) – Past President
- Junior League of Baltimore – Past President
- The Daily Record – Maryland’s Top 100 Women (1997, 2005, 2007)2
- The Daily Record – Circle of Excellence (2007)3
- Smart CEO – BRAVA Women Business Achievement for Top 25 women entrepreneurs in Baltimore4
- LFA President’s Cabinet qualifier4
ON A PERSONAL NOTE
Kathy and her husband, Don, enjoy volunteering, golf, travel and having fun with their five grown children.
MAIN SERVICE AREAS
- Financial Planning
- Investment Management Programs
- Retirement Planning
- Education Funding
- Personal Risk Management
- Estate Planning
- Multi-Generational Financial Planning
1Lincoln’s Premier Partners Program is an internal designation based in part on assets under management, sales and compliance criteria.
2Maryland’s Top 100 Women recognizes high-achieving Maryland women who are making an impact through their leadership, community service and mentoring. Anyone can be nominated and winners are selected by past Top 100 Women and business leaders. Three time winners are inducted into the Circle of Excellence. There are no fees associated with the nomination or award. For more information go to http://bit.ly/1x0ykJG
3Qualification for Circle of Excellence is solely based on personal income with various levels awarded to those of different income amounts. http://bit.ly/2pXhzWh
4The BRAVA recognition is annual and based on an independent committee of local business leaders selects winners based on company growth, community impact and mentoring http://bit.ly/2lhTA2V
5An internal designation of Lincoln Financial Advisors Corp. based in part on assets under management, sales and compliance criteria.