Mr. Portner is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, Investment Advisor Representative, General Securities and LHPC licensed agent. As a comprehensive advisor, he works with small businesses to establish and maintain successful retirement benefits and works with high net-worth families to help them achieve their goals through wealth management, risk management, tax reduction strategies, retirement and estate planning.
Education and Certifications:
- BS in Business Administration & English from Towson University, 1989
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner 1998
- Masters of Science; Personal Financial Planning, The College for Financial Planning, 2013
- Earned the MPAS(sm) Designation, 2013
- Registered Investment Advisor Representative
- Securities Series 4, 7, 8, 24, 53, 63, and 65.
- Licensed Life, Health – Property, Casualty Agent
Christopher began his career in 1990 with Shearson Lehman (predecessor to Smith Barney) in Washington, DC. He completed his CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification in 1998 and now has approximately 26 years advising individuals and small business.
Wealth Management is the integration of investment portfolio management and comprehensive financial planning. Our single goal is the financial success and security of our clients, their family, their business and the assets for which they are responsible. We strive to control risk while reaching for optimal returns. In Essence, our clients’ goals are our goals.
On a Personal Note:
Christopher and his wife Deborah Levy-Portner live in Hunt Valley and have one daughter in college and a tenacious Soft-Coated Wheaton Terrier named Shelby.
Main Service Areas:
- Financial Planning
- Portfolio Analysis and Wealth Management
- Retirement Plan Benefits
- Risk Management & Insurance